When installing an inverter charger combo, there are often uncertainties about whether using a residual-current device RCD or not.
It is been commonly believed that everything on the boat should be RCD protected – including the charger/inverter unit itself.
True, without an RCD, you may expose yourself to electric shock.
Separate RCDs can be installed before or after a regular inverter charger for RCD protection.
But such kind of inverter charger should be built with a circuit that can automatically bong neutral with the ground in battery mode and separate them in AC mode, just as Sigineer UL458 compliant ones.
But it saves you the hassle of complicated wiring if the inverter charger is prebuilt with such circuitry and RCD.
Sigineer Power carries some RCD protected inverter chargers from 1KW to 6KW.
There are two types of inverter charger RCD units we build for now.
Frist, RCD on AC output only.
As RCD’s only protect downstream of their installation point, the RCD will protect the AC loads except the inverter. The inverter itself can still carry residential current if there is a leakage.
Second, RCD on both AC input and AC output. This way, both the inverter itself and the loads are protected by the RCD. And this is our recommended setting for OEM models.
The RCD we use is from the top Chinese manufacturers which effectively avoid nuisance wrong tripping.
Apart from these inverter charger RCD production units, we also have the know-how for doing CE E-Mark for customers in France.
Contact us at email@example.com to learn more.
• 3000 watt inverter charger
• 12Vdc input 230Volt true sine wave output
• 300% Unsurpassed surge capacity,12000 watt surge for 20 seconds
• Output voltage regulation to prevent a drop during a power surge
• AC/Battery Priority Selector
• Efficient, Power Factor Corrected, Multi Stage Smart Charger 80 Amp
• 10msec typical transfer time
• State-of -Art auto load sense with power saver
• Resettable low battery cut-off of 10V and 10.5V
• Extremely efficient stand by circuit with 18 watt idle
• No interference with equipments like TV, radio, etc.
• Capable of working with microwave ovens
• Exclusively designed AC- and DC – line filters for clean power output
• Built-in LCD Remote Controller Port.
Inverter Output Specifications:
• Continuous Output Power: 3000 Watts
• Surge Rating: 9000 Watts (20 Seconds)
• Output Waveform: Pure Sine/Same as input (Bypass Mode)
• Output Voltage: 220/230Vac
• Nominal Efficiency: 88% (Peak)
• Line Mode Efficiency: >95%
• Output Frequency: 50Hz +/- 0.3Hz / 60Hz +/- 0.3Hz
• Typical Transfer Time: 10ms (Max)
• THD: <10%
- Nominal Input Voltage: 12.0Vdc
- Minimum Start Batter Voltage: 9.0Vdc
- Low Battery Alarm: 10.5Vdc/11.0Vdc
- Low Battery Trip: 10.0Vdc/10.5Vdc
- High Voltage Alarm: 16.0Vdc
- Low Battery Voltage Restart: 15.5Vdc
- Low Battery Voltage Recover: 13.0Vdc
- Idle Consumption:8 watt
• Output voltage: Depends on battery type selector setting
• Charger Rate: 80Amp
• Over Charge Protection Shutdown: 15.7V
• Input voltage range:150-260Vac
• Adjustable charge current: off-20%-100%
• Four Stage Smart Charger
• Unit Weight: 49 lbs/22KG
• Unit Size L x W x H: 20*8.5*7″ inches/508*222*180mm
• Shipping Weight: 53 lbs/24KG
• Shipping L x W x H:27.6 x 12.8 x 12.4 inches/690*320*310mm
Pure Sine Inverter Charger with RCD E-mark & Custom OEM Box Design 1KW to 6KW