The 15000 watt inverter charger is a 48 volt to 120/240Volt split phase pure sine wave power inverter, battery charger and transfer switch.
There is no solar charger built-in, it can’t accept DC power from PV arrays.
This 15000 watt inverter is designed to retrofit the grid tie solar system into an AC coupled off grid system with minimal rewiring required.
The grid tie solar inverter’s AC output power is connected to its AC output.
It with charging algorithm for Lithium Ion Battery LifePo4 EV. It has a set of algorithm customized for the Tesla Model S 48vdc lithium battery module:
Low Battery Cut Off: 36/38Vdc
Low Battery Voltage Alarm/ Charger Activation: 37Vdc
Low Battery Cut Off Recovery: 47Vdc.
Charger Cut Off: 48Vdc
High Battery Alarm/Cut Off: 50.5/51V
What is the difference between AC coupling vs DC coupling ?
Traditional off-grid systems are DC-coupled, with the battery bank charged by connecting PV modules to a large solar charge controller, which regulates current and voltage.
With AC coupling, an on grid solar inverter is wired directly to the AC loads panel. The battery bank powers the DC-to-AC inverter, the solar production is fed to the AC loads panel, and the extra power from the AC bus is converted to DC to charge batteries.
Ac-coupling offers more advantage than DC coupling in that it gives the user much more flexibility in system configuration.
Traditional off grid inverter chargers are not designed to regulate the charge from an AC coupled system.
These power inverters normally have no battery over voltage protection when they are in inverter mode. Thus they are unable to prevent battery from overcharge in inverter model when extra power is feed from grid tie inverter to their AC output.
The 15000 watt inverter features Dry Contacts Providing Frequency Switch Between 60Hz / 62.5Hz as the secondary charge control of on grid inverter.
It can control excess energy from the grid tie inverter when the battery bank reaches a voltage within the manufacturer’s limit.
To accomplish this, you can use a voltage-controlled relay to close the dry contact to switch the output freq from 60hz to 62.5Hz, shutting off the grid tie inverter system temporarily.
The HP15048D only outputs 60/62.5hz, NO 50Hz available.
• Dry Contacts Providing Frequency Switch Between 60Hz / 62.5Hz as the secondary charge control of on grid inverter
•15000 watt low frequency inverter 120/240Vac Split Phase output
• 45000 watt surge for 20 seconds – 3x surge capability
• AC/Battery Priority Selector
• Marine Coated and Protected
• Multi Stage Smart charger 100 Amp
• remote LCD panel available
• 10msec typical transfer time
• optional 25W power save mode
• 8 battery charger settings
Inverter Output Specifications:
• Continuous Output Power: 15000 Watts
• Surge Rating: 45000 Watts (20 Seconds)
• Output Waveform: Pure Sine/Same as input (Bypass Mode)
• Output Voltage: 120/240Vac
• Nominal Efficiency: 90% (Peak)
• Line Mode Efficiency: >95%
• Output Frequency: 60/62.5Hz +/- 0.3Hz
• Typical Transfer Time: 10ms (Max)
• THD: <10%DC
• Nominal Input Voltage: 48.0Vdc
• Low Battery Alarm: 42.0Vdc-44.0Vdc
• Low battery Trip: 40.0Vdc-42.0Vdc
• High Voltage Alarm: 64.0Vdc
• Low battery Voltage Restart: 62.0Vdc
• Idle Consumption: 300 Watts
• Power Saver Mode Idle Consumption: 40 Watts
• Output voltage: Depends on battery Type
• Ac Input Voltage For Charger: Nominal 240Vac (164-243Vac+/-4%)
• Charger Rate: 100Amp
• OverCharge Protection Shutdown: 62.8V
• Selectable Charge setting based on battery type
• Adjustable charge current: off-20%-100%
• Four Stage Smart Charger
Specifications Tailored for Tesla Battery Module At Battery Type Selector 9
• Low Battery Cut Off: 36/38Vdc
• Low Battery Voltage Alarm/ Charger Activation: 37/39Vdc
• Low Battery Cut Off Recovery: 47Vdc.
• Charger Cut Off: 48Vdc
• High Battery Voltage Alarm 50.5Vdc
• High Battery Cut Off: 51Vdc
• Unit Weight: 182 lbs/83KG
• Unit Size L x W x H: 28 x 16.3 x 8.8 inches/706*415*232mm
• Shipping Weight: 210lbs/94KG
• Shipping L x W x H:36 x 21.25 x 16 inches/900*540*430mm